Wednesday, February 22, 2017

1947 Flathead Un-Redding process... Rear Wheel Time...


So years ago when I re-did my 1947 Flathead I had a red and chrome theme in mind... and I went a little crazy with the red...well soon after that, the 'Rat Rod" flat black, red rim, whitewall craze jumped into high gear... I wasn't a huge fan of that, so over the last couple years I've been toning down the red and adding things like front brake, ride control, etc. still sticking with the red and chrome theme, but going with more chrome than red...

Picked up a $40 chrome wheel at a swap meet last week

Cleaned it up...

Disassembled the hub...

Serviced the hub...

Popped on a new Deluxe blackwall tire....

Popped off the red rim / whitewall...


Popped on the new chrome / blackwall




Takes the edge off nicely... 



No comments:

Post a Comment